We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

We Done Did It!!

Wedding Events I, II, and, yes, III are done!

Wedding Event I was for the family. It was in our backyard and small, with 35 people.

Wedding Event II was for our friends, at a circus/dinner/show venue in San Francisco. This one had 65 people in attendance (more people were there, but not with our party).

Wedding Event III came into being when we found out what a hassle it would be to deputize our officiant. This event came at the county recorder office, just yesterday. In attendance were the bride, the groom, and our witness, my soon-to-be 15 year old daughter.

Each of the events went wonderfully! So many details came together; so many people helped make them happen. I keep reliving moments of each of the days, though I've not had time to put it all in narrative form. We had great food, and music (people loved our playlist!), the outfits came together well, with help from talented friends. Our officiant officiated (in all but the legal aspect,) and did a great job. Our pro photographer took ooodles of pictures (which I am DYING to see), and others took pictures too (of which I will post...soon). Our families got along great and had a good time. Our friends whooped and hollered (and stomped their various stompy boots) and had a great time at the show. Our cake lady outdid any expectation we had (ohmygod, wait till you see pictures!). The kids did great at the family event (my younger daughter helped me pick out artsy activities and did a great job). The legal stuff at the recorder office went quickly, smoothly, and with much less hassle than I was expecting.

The thing that made it real, was yesterday when, after a glorious nap, I woke up and realized I have no planning to do! Of course, there's still some wrap up, and the thank yous (one last wedding related DIY project).

This is my second marriage and on the way to the recorder office, as I was grinning madly, as AJ was putting some coins in the meter, Rahel quietly asks me why I'm so excited, given it's my second marriage. I pointed to him and said "cause I'm marrying THIS guy". She smiled and agreed whole-heartedly.
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment