We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wedding Event II

Wedding Event I was last weekend; Wedding Event II is this weekend!
Last weekend went great: everything went off well. We had minor mishaps but it all worked out and people helped out a lot. The families got along REALLY well and the weather cooperated too. Everybody, from the 8 month old, to the 94 year old had a good time. I'll post a real post about it soon, I promise, but in the meantime I have to finish getting ready for Wedding Event II!
This event, happening this afternoon/evening, is for our friends. It is taking place at the fabulous Teatro ZinZanni in San Francisco (http://love.zinzanni.org/) and they are taking care of everything (well, almost). This will be where I get to relax, have a drink, and enjoy a good time with my friends. Don't get me wrong, I thoroughly enjoyed Wedding Event I, it's just that this time, somebody else is wholly in charge. All we have to do is show up, with our favors for our guests, and the disc for the wee ceremony we'll have, and that's it.
In 20 minutes my (so F-ing talented) friend, Julie is coming by with the SECOND corset she's made for me to wear. In a couple of hours, Heather, another (also awesomely talented) friend is coming to do my hair/make up.
My cousin will be my point person again, and the Best Man of greatness will be on hand. Our kick-ass officiant is ready to go.
Yay! So excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment