We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Chuppah

As many of you know, I quilt. I love to quilt. I quilt quite often.
I've made quilts from crib to king size ones, table runners, one big gigantic 3 yard square quilt. I've made them for weddings, babies, birthdays, Bat Mitzvas and just for fun. I've given them away to loved ones, sold a couple, and given more to charities. I made my first one when Rahel was a baby (14 years ago) and have easily made 40 since then.

My latest creation is this:

and a close up:


It is a faux crazy quilt, made almost entirely from scraps from my (way to extensive) fabric stash. The only fabric I bought specifically for this project is the silver fabric.
The quilt measures 65 inches squared

I am quite pleased with the way it came out, and very very pleased about its use: it is the Chuppah for our wedding.
AJ and I will be married under it, two months from today!

No comments:

Post a Comment