We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

It seems I have a problem

I cannot stop myself from taking on more new projects. Even after I have told myself, and everybody else, that enough is enough, no more new projects, that it's time to start wrapping up projects, not begin them, that I'm stressing because we're getting closer (just over 2 months) and the semester starts in 3 weeks, I still think of new projects.
However, things are indeed wrapping up, some projects anyway. Things that have happened this week:

1. My older daughter started making our favor cds and organizing our playlist.
2. She's also made necklaces and earrings for herself, her sister and me (they girls are my maids of honor).
3. My younger daughter's designed our card box (and will start working on it next week)
4. AJe is going full steam with his current project (the programs) and they are looking beautiful!.
5. We've got the final menu from the caterer for the family wedding.
6. We've had our questions answered from the main guy at the place we're having the friends' wedding (and enjoyed the venue visit! But that's a different post)
7. I've cleaned up a draft of the prenup for the lawyer to see.
8. I've retained the services of a lawyer.
9. I've been sewing a lot, working on our Chuppah (i.e. wedding canopy) and it's almost done!
10. We ordered our wedding bands (!!!!)
11. We ordered, and received, silver colored Jordan almonds for favors.
12. I'm almost done with the crystal beads bouquets and boutonnieres, using the fabulous tutorial I found on offbeatbride.com.
13. We've received all but one RSVP for the family wedding and one for the friends' wedding. Mostly in the positive too, which is great.

Seems a lot when I write it out like that. Lots left to do, but lots already done.
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment