We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Weekend Craftiness

Ah. I have the house to myself this weekend. The girls are with their dad, AJ is away for the weekend, SO, I am taking the weekend to finish some DIY-ness before school starts up again.

This morning I finished these:
My bouquet. It still needs to be fluffed out just right, but this is pretty close:



My two daughters' bouquets, along with mine (the girls are my bridesmaids):


The boutonniere for AJ and our best man:


I got the idea from this post at offbeatbride.com: http://offbeatbride.com/2010/02/crystal-bouquets. Thank you, Megan!
And now that's done, I am going to finish my skirt! And then, the center pieces! And then...well, it'll probably be the end of the weekend by then.

In other news, we're figuring out the music for the actual ceremony. The first song (processional?) will be Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" in a classical, instrumental, cello version by Apocalyptica. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment