We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Monday, July 5, 2010

I can has a skirt!

I finished one of my skirts:

When I first started thinking about making wedding clothes for me, I knew I needed to take care with it. Up until now, I have made lots of quilts, and kid clothes, but no fitted clothes for me, and certainly nothing out of fancy material. So I knew I had to do this right. I bought patterns, and muslin for mock up clothes, and a sewing form. I was having a tough time figuring out how to translate pattern size charts to my clothing size (they do NOT conform to clothes tag sizes). Well, thanks to some lovely ladies, I figured it out and made this; having the sewing form (which AJ has named Rosa) made it soooo much easier.

It is silk on top and tulle on bottom, in a separate petticoat. I will wear it at the wedding we are having with our friends and the top will be a corset of black fabric with blue needle point at top and bottom edges.

I am very happy with it.

I have another skirt to make, for the wedding we are having with our families, and that is going up on Rosa as soon as this one goes in the closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment