We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Hair Jewelry

Last night I finished my hair jewelry!



It is a silver filigree brooch with an onyx in the middle. The brooch is nestled into black lace and has 3 circles of blue tulle behind the lace. The whole thing is sewn on to a small hair comb.
Since our colors for the wedding are blue, silver and black, this fits in.

The brooch in the middle belonged to my grandmother, who died a few years ago. She was the wisest, most accepting person I've ever met, and I miss her nearly every day. I always wear something of hers on special occasions; this way I get to have her with me.

I knew I wanted to incorporate this brooch into my wedding outfit, but didn't know how. I'd had a couple of ideas before this one, and once I'd conceived of the hair toy idea, I knew I had it.

I am so pleased I'll be able to wear her brooch in my hair.

In other news, my elder daughter has started making the beaded necklaces she, her sister and I will wear. They are looking VERY pretty. I shall have to post pictures of them when they are done.

1 comment:

  1. This is so beautiful! It is both elegant and a bit kickass. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete