We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sewing Form

My dress form is here!
Being merely a passable seamstress, I've been stressing over making my wedding skirts. They are to go along with my corsets, made by a very good seamstress, so they need to look good.
Up till now my clothes sewing experience has been mostly for the kids and that mostly when they were little. I've sewn a few skirts for me as well as a dress or two, but nothing fancy. Also, I usually sew with cotton (used mainly for quilts).
All of the above means that I've been worried. I got some fancy taffeta and more fancy satin, and I was worried I'll mess them up.
So I got some muslin for a mock up of the skirts, and a sewing form. This way I can actually hang the skirt on a form that resembles me instead of on a coat hanger or spread on the floor (which is the way I've done things up till now).
The sewing form is adjustable so I can make it just my size.
And today it arrived at the house, which means I can start making my two skirts.
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment