We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

On a roll

Last few days I've been really getting into wedding prep mode (and out of prepping for class mode; yay!). We've accomplished a lot in the past couple of weeks:

Got a nearly full first draft of the ceremony
Finished the playlist (that was a big project)
Bought label maker software which will help us make cds, favors for our guests.
Talked to my daughter and arranged for her to organize the playlists and make said cds.
Got to work on some other favors (and invited a friend to help me put them together).
Started making my skirt/bolero combo for the friends' wedding (yay for sewing forms!)
Got decorations for the ceremony spot for the family wedding.
Got some work done on the prenup (the least fun part of this).
Got some beads for my daughter to make matching necklaces for herself, me and her sister (they are my bridesmaids).
Been practicing walking in my wedding boots, and breaking them in.
Started working on my hair accessory.
Talked to my hair stylist (and friend) and set up hair and make up appointments (her wedding gift to me).
Reserved tables/chairs/linen from the rental place.
Finally got the prototype for the center pieces we're making. Now we can start constructing the rest.
I think that's it...
We have 3 months to go but want to finish the planning by the end of august.
2 more months and much more to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment