We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Getting close

The caterer came by today, to drop off "a few things" and have taken over my livingroom! There are so many things in there, in boxes, crates, baskets, all over the floor!

Our wonderful friends and family's gifts to us are arriving and the pile of boxes is growing.

Also today, the Kilts and accessories came. We unpacked a big box with kilts, sporrans, jackets, etc. then had to find a place to put them all.

Earlier that day, uncle Ian put all the drinks in the fridge to chill. More room on the counter; less room in the fridge! We still need some space for cakes in there...Fridge tetris!

Also, since our house guests have started arriving, the house is busier, and fuller. We are having to juggle space, and also our time. Soon-to-be and I are both working this week and so I constantly have to tell folks I need to get back to the computer, or the office. I WANT to spend time with them, but can't really.

Tomorrow our officiant and best man are arriving and we'll do a run through of the theatrics.

Tonight (right after I grade these papers) I will finalize my vows. Soon-to-be and I decided we want to surprise each other, but we'd still like to make sure they are of roughly the same style/length. Rahel will read them both and let us know what she thinks. This was Shira's idea and it is a damn good one!

In other news-AJ's mother, my two daughters and I all went to get a manicure today. The pampering continues!
I got sparkly silver polish! Since my outfit is darker colors I figured this would be a good contrast. Shira got teal, Rahel got a french manicure, and Lucille got a pretty coppery color.

3 days to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment