We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

On Pampering

We are a week away from Wedding Event I. This time next week I will be....hopefully NOT running around setting up but gently delegating and trying not to muss up my hair/make up/clothes.
This week has been busy, what with finalizing with vendors, and guests, trying to finish up the little details still left, and, you know, regular work/life stuff.
The things that stand out most in my mind about this week, however, are the new experiences I had, and they fall under the heading of "pampering".

I am not a girlie-girl. I'm just not.

So having the make-up and hair trials this week was novel, and exciting for me.

I went with my friend H, who's also my hair stylist, to the make up store for a consultation. The first 10 minutes, were rough. The make up guy was disappointed in my moisturizing habits, and the fact that Ido not pluck my eye brows for example. But after that it was great. He wandered the store and came up with all sorts of things to make me look like me, but a notch or two fancier. He was patient and explained things well, letting me see the progress every few minutes as H was taking notes so she could reproduce the effect. She will be doing my hair and make up for both Events I and II as her wedding present (very generous of her!). At the end we bought some stuff and off we went. I came out pleased with the way I looked and overwhelmed with the sensation of pampering.

A few days later I met H, at her salon to do my hair trial. First we did the usual (I dye my hair black and, right now, have teal extensions in it as highlights). Then she brought out all sorts of styling things, and did my hair. She did an updo, with curls down the back (my hair's curly and down to the middle of my back). She also clipped little crystal beads into my hair and put the fascinator I made out of my grandmother's brooch in there. It all works well together and with the jewelry Rahel made for me to wear. Again, I felt very pampered.

I'm not used to being worked on like this. Not used to having professional beauty industry people use their time/expertise/style, to make me look pretty.
It feels nice.

I, of course, did not bring my camera, so I don't have pron to post yet, but H, did take a couple of pictures and will email them to me.

And now I have a pretty good image in my mind of how I will look on at the wedding. This time next week in fact!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment