We've set up this space to keep track of this, the biggest project we've put together. We started planning in early March for a Fall wedding, nearly 7 months to plan and pull off this shindig!
We're actually having two-one for family and the other for friends. While both are for people we love we recognize that some things that would be fun for one group, might be less fun for the other group so we split them up! And this means the planning, etc. is double in some aspects. We'll do our best to update here on the entire wedding, each of its aspects and the whole event together.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Quick update

We are 9 days away from Wedding Event I

This week has been spent on details, nuts and bolts, and minor freak outs.


Things we’ve done:

Finished the girls’ outfits.
Rahel’s finished the jewelry
Shira’s finished the card box (well, that was last week)
Center pieces are finished
Guest book stuff is finished
AJ hung fairy lights in the trees
My dad’s finished the planting and beautifying the yard
We’ve given last payments to the caterer, the cake lady, the rental people for Event I and the venue for Event II
Went to get make-up consultation with the lady who’s doing my hair and make up (her wedding gift to us)
Finished the ceremony text
Almost finished the vows.
Made manicure appointment for my girls, AJ’s mom and me.
Prenup draft is done!
Seating arrangement for Event II


Things still to do:


Finish the vows
Pay the photographer’s last payment
Get drinks for Event I
Order cheese cake for Event I (and one non cheese cake as per Shira’s request)
Decorate the yard (Abbey will help me with this)
Go over ceremony with our officiant.
Sign the prenup and get it notarized
Put together favors
Make disk of music for Event I in case ipod doesn’t work out.
Make and distribute flyers to the neighbors telling them Event I is happening.
Clean the house (some at least) and get it ready.
Other things I am forgetting now
Remember to eat right, sleep enough and breathe.

The minor freakout was handled by making lists, doing some stuff, and going out to a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment